Mission Anabaino is all about the "greater things" invisioned by Christ during his ascension ministry through an ambitious church planting and empowerment strategy. We believee that a strategy for church planting is nothing less than an investment in the very epicenter of Christ’s saving presence on earth “against which even the gates of hell will not prevail” (Mt. 16:18)!
There are many ways you may want to participate in church planting with MA:
Recommend a site for church planting:
You can help us by recommending a site either locally in the greater New Haven area or globally in other states or areas around the world that are in need of a Total Christ church planting movement.
Help gather or join a church planting launch team:
Would you like to get in on the ground level of planting a local presence of Christ? An essential ingredient is the presence and persistence of a dedicated core group committed to the long term future of the church. Contact Jeff.
Become a Mission Anabaino Mission Church Planter:
MA Mission Churches embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology, participate fully in the MA Collaborations and are funded by MA and recieve one of three types of MA grants:
- Pontential Anchor Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location and with a view toward leading a local movement of daughter churches/multi-congregational church and forming a local collaborative. Typically, a portion of the total amount is allocated to the first daughter church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Local Church Planting Grant: This grant is given to a church plant that is located in a strategic location of an existing anchor church and is dispersed in a 3-4 year timetable.
- Collaboration Grant: This grant is given to all MA mission churches, approved recruits and/or valued MA associates to cover expenses associated with participating in the MA annual collaborative.
For more information about church planting, please visit our "Potential Church Planters" page and explore the many resources available on this site. A great way to assess your interest in joining Mission Anabaino is to come to our annual collaborative; you’ll have a chance to meet us and hear first hand what this is all about. Contact Jeff.
Become A Mission Anabaino Anchor Church:
Anchor Churches partner with MA to help fund and support our vision for church planting in the following ways. While MA is primarily anchored by CPC New Haven, we are seeking other anchor churches to join in this ministry (contact Jeff):
- Sponsorship Partners sponsor a particular MA church plant (or plants), in the spirit of 2 Corinthians 8, using their abundance in the Lord to help provide for the needs of new frontier church plants.
- Network Partners in addition to the above, also share in the recruiting and approval aspects of Mission Anabaino.
- Collaborating Partners are Anchor Churches who, in addition to the above two, embrace the Total Christ, Five Mark Vision in missional ecclesiology, and participate fully in the MA Collaborations, whether Local or Global.
Receive our Monthly "MA Update"
Each month the director of MA gives a brief report together with one of our Global and one of our Southern CT (Local) church planters. If you would like to review previous MA update, you may see them here. If you would like to start receiving them directly, please click here and select the "Mission Anabaino" option.
Partner with us in prayer and/or financial support:
Prayer: In 1 John 5:14-15, we are reminded that when we ask anything that is according to God’s will, that God uses prayer as one of the means to accomplish his will. We are assured in scripture that church planting is God’s will (even if the specifics are left to God’s continued wisdom). Please pray for Mission Anabaino – that it will be about Christ, his glory, his life giving presence and his harvest on earth as in heaven!
Support: We also know that Paul wrote perhaps his greatest treatise on the gospel, at least in part, as a support letter in his vision to plant churches in the unreached area of Spain “by way of you” (Rom. 1:15:14-28). Ever since, church planting has been “by way of” (Rom 15:28) those who are willing to invest their time, talent, and treasure. For mor information, please contact our Mission Anabaino Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If interested you may give online or by check mailed to and made out to Christ Presbyterian Church New Haven with “Mission Anabaino” in the memo, at 135 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT 06510. For mor information, please contact our Mission Anabaino Administrator (email@example.com).